Robbin Ferriman is a native of Missouri, having grown up around the St. Louis area. She currently resides in Urbana, Ohio, with her many cats. Robbin received her BFA from Ohio University, graduating in 2001, with a focus on printmaking. In addition to being a part-time archivist at the Castle Piatt Mac-A-Cheek, in West Liberty, Ohio, she worked for a time, prior to the pandemic, at Champaign Residential Services, in Urbana, teaching art to adults with developmental disabilities, among other activities. These days, when Robbin is creating, it is through painting using oils and acrylics. Flora and fauna are favorite subject matter, but she is currently honing her skills with figurative images.
Tag Archives: Things to do
A great evening on the Ohio
How very special it was to experience an evening with truly perfect Cincinnati weather! Our church members enjoyed a delicious buffet dinner on a BB Riverboat and embarked on meaningful and fun conversation in a night filled with sights along the beautiful Ohio River.
More pics to be posted as we receive them from our attendees.
#ToySwap til you drop on Sept 7! Benefits @BethanyHouseSvc
What fun! A free, Toy-Swap for kids! All you have to bring is one toy to trade (or more!) and one to share with a child at Bethany House. Kids are invited with their guardians to pick out new and interesting toys in exchange for their gently-loved ones. All size toys accepted! Riding toys, dolls, games, puzzles, electronics, books, etc. Bring small items and leave with larger ones or bring large items and leave with smaller! You choose the fun!
Come and make this event brighter with your child’s smile! The more the merrier!
- September, 7, 2019
- Doors open at 10 am. Trade until Noon, or just trade once and go!
- Event held at the Glendale New Church; 845 Congress Ave, Glendale, OH.
- Children must be present to trade toys. Toy and monetary donations accepted.
- Baked goods and beverages will be available for donation. All proceeds go to Bethany House.
Today’s Checklist: Support an artist, Help House a Mother and Child, Have some fun
You can reorder these in any way you choose, but today, you get to do all three if you attend “Something Wonderful” Art Show!
Where: 845 Congress Avenue, Glendale, OH 45246
Time: 10 am – 4 pm
Who it helps:
- Local artists (some kids, too!) exhibiting and selling their work here today.
- The women and children who use Bethany House Services as a temporary home while they receive guidance and training to gain permanent self-sufficiency
- Money from the reservation of tables, and proceeds from the raffles will go towards Bethany House Services. Some artists may decide to contribute a portion of their proceeds, separately.
What You’ll Find there:
- A new painting or drawing for your wall, pottery for your table, or card for your next occasion!
- Hands-on art!
- Awesome Raffles!
Don’t miss this first ever art-fundraiser from the New Church of Montgomery!
#WeekendPlans: A Day of Rainbows, Leprechauns, and Maybe a Party and Unicorn
Okay, now that I have your attention—the message for Sunday, March 17, 2019, actually centers on the deep well of wisdom we have within us and what it means to access that.
My sermon, “You’ve Always Had the Power All Along, My Dear” combines the central concept from the Wizard of Oz with the story from Gospel of the Wedding at Cana. ~ Guest Minister, Rev. Jenn Tafel
Join us, Sunday at 10:30 am, for hospitality; 11:00 am for Worship Service.
845 Congress Avenue, Glendale,OH 45246
#CincyWeekend: #ToySwap Sat, @GlendaleNewChu Service Sun
Please bring your extra toys and love to Glendale this Saturday as we raise some awareness about, and funds and toys for the kids of Bethany House Services. 10 am-12 pm. Donations accepted without kids, but kids must be present to trade.
This Sunday is Glendale New Church’s Service with Pastor Clark Echols. Please join in their service in the spirit of friendship. 11 am.
Both events take place at The Glendale New Church; 845 Congress Avenue, Glendale, OH 45246. This space is handicap-accessible.
#Cincinnati #ToySwap One week away! @BethanyHouseSvc
Toy Swap and Bake sale! Saturday, Sept 2, 2017, 10am-12pm, 845 Congress Ave, Glendale. Bring toys to trade + 1 to donate to Bethany House Services . Toys, and donations to bake sale benefit Bethany House Services, women and children’s shelter.
Happy #Toysday #ToySwap #SharingisCaring
What small, wonderful, unused, but still awesome toy do you have hiding in your closet, attic, basement, etc? Please share with others Sept 2, 2017, 10 am – 12 pm in Glendale at 845 Congress Ave, Glendale, OH, 45246. Kids and caregivers are welcome for this fun morning in Glendale! A Bakesale and donation box benefit Bethany House Services, women and children shelter. Any remaining toys will be given to the houses for their use. (Please launder or clean up toys and make sure they are in working order before the swap. Toys with multiple pieces can be bagged.)
Coming up this week…
For updates, check our new website calendar regularly!
Monday: Spirituality Group, 7 pm, Mason @ the Toot’s
Friday: Coffee & Conversation, 6-8 PM, @Montgomery McDonald’s
Sunday: Family Picnic! (Potluck) 11 AM-3PM, @Montgomery Park Shelter
Mark your Calendars for the Toy Swap!
Second Annual Toy Swap will be held on Saturday, September 10th 9AM-12PM at the Glendale New Church; 845 Congress Ave, Glendale, OH.
Admission is Free!
- Toys can be dropped off the evening of Friday, September 9th from 5-7 pm, for sorting.
- Please bring gently used or new toys to exchange.
- Bring one extra toy for donation to Bethany House Women & Children’s Shelter.
- A Bake Sale will be also be held.
- A donation jar will be available for monetary donations to the shelter.
- Teach your kids to share with others by donating one of their toys to The Swap!
This is a great opportunity to meet your neighbors, a chance to help a child get a toy they otherwise couldn’t afford, a time for kids to find a new and interesting toy, and a nice activity in the village of Glendale! We hope to see you there!