We are happy to be celebrating Holy Week with our fellow church and building host, the Glendale New Church. Here are the services that will be offered through our churches at 845 Congress Avenue, Glendale, OH 45246:
- 6:30 PM, Full Holy Supper Service
- 9 AM, Pancake Breakfast
- 11 AM, Worship Service with Guest Minister, Rev. Terry Schnarr of Kitchener, Ontario
- 12 PM or after the service, Easter egg hunt for the kids
For those wishing to attend a Maundy Thursday service, one is being offered at Christ Church in Glendale, OH, at 7 pm.
Please join us during this Easter week for services we will share with the Glendale Church.
Good Friday: Everyone is invited to participate in a Good Friday Communion Service at 7:00 PM hosted by the Glendale New Church congregation. This will be our communion service for the Easter holiday, so please join us for the Holy Supper sacrament and the wrap up of Lent. Rev. Clark Echols will be leading the service.
- Family Pancake Breakfast starts at 9:00 AM. See the attached flyer. We would like to get a count just so we set up the right number of tables. Email newchurchofmontgomery.org to RSVP.
- Breakfast fare provided by the church is pancakes, sausage and bacon, OJ, coffee and tea. If anyone is moved to bring any additional brunch-like contributions, these are welcome but not necessary.
- For the “kids” Pete will try out the “art” pancakes he has been practicing.
- The Children’s Easter Egg Hunt has been moved to after the service to avoid rushing breakfast or delaying the worship service.
- Worship begins at 10:30 AM.
- It will begin with converting the chancel from the Spartan Lenten décor to the festive Easter décor, and will include bringing light and color and flowers to the altar. Our guest minister will be Rev. Terry Schnarr, who will be visiting from Kitchener, Ontario where he has a pastoral counseling ministry with the Church of the Good Shepherd.
- We will also have live piano and violin music for the service, so do your vocal warm-ups!
- After the initial festivities and candle-lighting, the children will be dismissed for Sunday School and will rejoin us at the end of the service.
- Meets on the 1st and 3rd Mondays of each month from 2-4:30 @ the Toot’s. We explore how we can achieve joyful living amid the daily assaults of negativity.
- will be Friday, March 11th @ the Toot’s starting at 6 pm. Come and join the fun or just relax with friends. Players can participate in many available table games. Nothing more strenuous than laughing. Kids of all ages welcomed! Let us know if you’re interested in starting a regular (or irregular) card night. We will have a euchre introduction available at Game Night.
Coffee & Conversation
- is on Fridays when we don’t have Game Night or Movie Night scheduled. We gather from 6-8 pm for cameraderie, coffee and snacks at the Montgomery McDonald’s. Everyone is most welcome! Please join us!
Easter plans : Montgomery & Glendale will celebrate together!
- Palm Sunday: Worshop at 10:30 AM
- Good Friday: Communion Service; 7-8 PM
- Easter Sunday: Family Pancake Breakfast at 9 AM followed by an Easter egg hunt! At 10:30 AM Worship Begins with a Flower Procession to decorate the altar
Matthew 25 Ministries: Saturday, April 9th from 11 AM – 1 PM is our community service project at Matthew 25 Ministries. Afterwards, we’ll share a lunch at Sammy’s. See you there! Recruit more helpers! Kids welcome.
Seder: Tuesday, April 19th we will again have a table at Mayerson Jewish Community Center for the AJC Intergroup Passover Seder. Let Brenda know if you’re interested so we can get the resrevation in.